People that know me well know that I am big fan of Peanut Butter and Banana.
I love the texture and the flavour of both seperately and combined. Many people avoid peanut butter because they think it’s too fatty, too dense in calories thus fattening. But what they don’t know it’s actually a super food.
Let’s talk about some of the benefits of eating peanut butter.
- Peanut butter has mono- and polyunsaturated oil that is very good for the heart. Reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Peanut butter is inexpensive compared to other foods. Excellent for the wallet when on a high calorie diet.
- It’s a good source of protein needed to repair and build the muscles.
- It has vitamin E, which is an antioxidant that reduces damage caused by oxidants.
- There’s also magnesium in peanut butter which is excellent for bone building and muscle recovery.
- It even has vitamin B6 that will help boost your immunity.
- It’s satisfying, you feel fuller for a longer time reducing the risk of binging.
In short: super food, tasty, inexpensive and super healthy!
What is your favourite peanut butter sandwich? Let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to subscribe and like my Facebook page!