Like I mentioned in my awesome previous fitness post this is one of two full body workouts I did the past week. I couldn’t do my usual split and lift 4 times, instead I could only lift twice, bummer. Try not to get depressed about it, I didn’t.
Instead of focusing on the “boohoo I can’t lift my usual days, my life is over” I focused on the “Yay I can do super insane full body’s instead!”. The glass is always half full. Also, the sun was shining.
Since I was a little pressured for time I needed to keep it short, simple and effective. That’s exactly what I did, but first things first.. warm up. My warm up this time was 3 sets on the leg press, 20 repetitions per set followed by good stretching. Then it was time to get the music right and wait until the beat dropped for my first set of Squats.. my favorite!
- 5 sets, 4-6 reps Barbell Squat
- 3 sets 40 Walking Lunges, body weight, slow and controlled all the way down.. feel the burn!
- 3 sets, 8-10 reps Bench Press
- 3 sets, 6-8 reps Bent over Barbell Row
- 3 sets, 8-10 reps Lateral Raise each
- Superset 3 sets, 8-10 reps:
- Biceps Cable Curls
- Triceps Cable push down
*30-60 sec rest between sets.
Aaaand done, see.. short and simple but so effective!